The Fishermen Grant Support Scheme programme is designed to support the sustainable growth of the local fisheries sector and help Bahraini fishermen increase their productivity. In partnership with the Ministry of Municipalities Affairs and Agriculture and Tamkeen, the grant can be utilised to purchase a new boat, Banoosh, engine or any new fishing equipment. Boat and Banoosh purchases will be granted a maximum of 50% of the invoice value capped at BD 2,500 – including engines and fishing equipment. The maximum amount will be based on the classification of the boat or Banoosh (refer Scheme details for more information)
1. Who is eligible for the Fishermen Grant?
2. How can I benefit from the Fishermen Grant?
3. How can I find the approved list of suppliers?
4. How can I apply for the Fishermen Grant?
5. Are there any registration fees involved?
6. Is this considered as a grant or a loan? Do I have to repay it back?
7. How much do I need to contribute in order to avail the grant?
8. What period do I have to avail the grant?
9. In case I have taken loan from BDB for fishing items, will I be eligible for grant to purchase fishing items?
10. What additional requirement do I need to be aware of in case I am purchasing a boat or banoosh under the grant?
11. Can I make multiple payments to suppliers? Can I use the grant to pay more than 1 approved supplier? Can I buy multiple fishing item?
12. Can I get a reimbursement if I have purchased recently?
13. Can I apply for the grant along with a loan from BDB under the Fishery Loan Scheme?
14. In case I already have a loan with BDB, am I eligible to apply for the grant?
15. What are the excluded items or services under the grant?
16. What is the last date for applying under the Grant?
Rate Us (Please Complete The Captcha First):
Last Updated: 06 Feb 2024